Holistic Dentistry in Beachwood
Generations of doctors have known that oral health is the gateway to overall health, and that is something we hold very closely here at The Center for Advanced Dentistry. When you come to visit us, we want to take care of you as a whole being, not just a set of teeth. Your holistic dentist in Beachwood, Dr. Benjamin Hornstein, considers this during every consultation, exam, and procedure he performs every day. This approach shapes our practice, and in that spirit, we are able to offer you services you simply won’t find anywhere else that will make your smile and your body healthy.
Traditionally, fillings were made of a material called amalgam. Like the name suggests, it is made of a combination of metals, including mercury. This causes many people pause because it is widely known that mercury is an extremely toxic substance, and would never want it in their mouth.
Because of this, we only use non-toxic, mercury-free fillings in Beachwood. Rather than using the same material for every patient, we go the extra step and perform biocompatibility testing to find out which material will work best. This helps people get their teeth repaired in a way that considers their entire body.
We Can Remove Your Amalgam Fillings
Of course, if you already have amalgam fillings, we are willing to safely remove them for you if this is in your best interest. Once again, we go the extra mile to ensure your overall health. Our process is very thorough in order to completely protect your wellbeing. After reviewing your medical and dental health history, we follow precautions while removing your amalgam fillings:
- Protect you from ingesting mercury during removal by using a rubber dam
- Provide an alternative air source to minimize your inhalation of mercury fumes
- Employ a special technique to cut the mercury that minimizes debris and fumes
- Apply high volume suction to capture errant mercury fumes
- Use copious amounts of water to further limit your exposure to mercury
- Use special methods to purify the air throughout our entire office
- Use a centralized amalgam separator that collects 99% of mercury before it goes into waste water
- Refer you to outside detoxifying and nutritional sources
Each step is meticulously considered in order to put your health and safety first. This attention to detail is our trademark and can make all the different in both your experience and in your long-term results.
In dentistry 5000 different materials are available to dentists that are utilized for a multitude of different applications. Exposure to any of these materials can cause individuals sensitivity and possible allergies based on your unique immune system. We prefer to avoid this reaction by offering a third party genetic test that can determine specific sensitivities based on each person’s biochemistry. This way we can ensure we are using this safest materials possible for each specific person. Our office can provide you a test kit that can be used to determine your own specific plan. To complete the test, each person must submit a blood test that is sent to a lab in Colorado for evaluation. The test utilizes each person's own specific antibodies to ensure compatibility with the materials we will use to restore your teeth. This is another example of how we ensure the safety of each of our patients based on their own unique immune system.
Whether we use them to calm your mind or aid your recovery, our homeopathic treatments provide a completely natural solution to guarantee you will be taken care of both inside and outside of our office.
- Arnica Montana: This is useful in situations where the soft tissues have been disturbed, such as in dental surgery. It can be taken both before and after a procedure to help reduce soreness and speed up recovery.
- Calendula: This remedy can be used to sooth the areas surrounding the teeth. It can be used to help the gums overcome inflammation, infection, or abscesses. It can be taken internally or used as an herbal tincture.
- Chamomilla: We use this to help balance out a person’s nerve response after dental work. It can help reduce pain when traditional medications have had little or no effect.
- Gelasemium: Many patients feel fear when visiting the dentist, so we use gelasemium to help curb their anxiety and introduce a feeling of calm.
- Hypercium: This is very useful after oral surgery, as it can sooth shooting or jabbing pains.
Want To Know More?
This information can be overwhelming and leave you with many questions. We’re always willing to talk about holistic dentistry, so please feel free to give us a call anytime. We’re more than happy to keep you informed about all the ways we can help your body as well as your smile.